Lincoln Fabrics History

History

In 1955, A. Stewart Howes founded Lincoln Fabrics Ltd. in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada and began weaving industrial fabrics and drapery cloth. At that time, the industry as a whole was suffering from over-capacity and increasing foreign competition. Mr. Howes’ strategy was to create a responsive company that focused on specialty businesses.

His approach helped the company flourish and in 1983 the company was passed to the second generation, when David S. Howes assumed the leadership role and helped establish the firm in the forefront of the expanding body armor market. Today Lincoln Fabrics is recognized for its business accomplishments as well as its generous contributions of time, talent and money to the community.